Best Juicers Reviews 2020 November Updated! – Why Everyone Needs A Juicer!
Last updated on October 21st, 2020 at 12:39 am
As juicing becomes more popular, you might be thinking about getting started with juicing. You have an interest in juicing, but where do you start? This ultimate guide to juicers provides a complete understanding of juicing and answers all your questions. You will know about what juicing is, the various types of juicers, and the very best juicers that you can use for your unique lifestyle and juicer needs.
- Here is our picks for the Best Juicers Reviews 2020
- 1) Breville 800JEXL – Best Overall
- 2) Breville BJE200XL Juice Extractor – Best Centrifugal Juicer 2020
- 3) AICOK AMR521 Upgraded Juicer Machine – Best Value Masticating Juicer
- 4) BLACK+DECKER JE2200B – Best Budget Juicer
- 6) Omega NC800HDS – Premium Choise
- 7) Omega J8006HDS
- 8) Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer
- 9) Breville BJE430SIL
- 10) Breville JE98XL
- 11) BLACK+DECKER CJ625 – Best Citrus Juicer
- 12) KOIOS juicer
- 13) Tribest Greenstar Elite GSE 5010 – Best Tribulating Juicer
- 15) Bagotte juicer – Best Bang For Your Buck!
- Buying Guide for the Best Juicers 2020 –
- Why should you own a juicer?
- How does juicing benefit your health?
- Possible drawbacks from investing in a good juicer
- How are juicers different than blenders?
- What are the different types of juicers?
- Different juicers for a variety of circumstances
- What is a juice cleanse?
- In-depth look at the different types of juicers
- What type of Juicer fits you the most
- How long does a juicer generally last?
- Masticating Juicers
- Centrifugal Juicers
- Triturating Juicers
- Citrus Juicers
Here is our picks for the Best Juicers Reviews 2020
1) Breville 800JEXL – Best Overall
The Breville 800JEXL Juice Fountain Elite is currently one of Breville’s best centrifugal juice extractors.
This juice fountain is one of the highest-powered centrifugal juicers on the market at 1,000 watts of power and 13,000RPM cutting speed. The dual-speed controls allow for the juicing of soft and hard produce.
A nice feature of this is the die-cast steel housing. You can tell by the look of this that it was made with durability in mind. On top of that, the standard stainless-steel cutting disc is replaced with a titanium-plated cutting disk for maximum durability.
The 3-inch feed chute allows for less pre-cutting of fruits and vegetables to save you time. They also have a unique extraction system with their micro mesh filter basket. This system gives you more nutrients and higher-quality juice.
Breville makes high-quality products, and this juicer is their top-of-the-line model that gives you everything you want and need in a centrifugal juice extractor.
- One of the highest-powered centrifugal juicers!
- Dual speed mode (13,000RPM, 6,500RPM)
- A huge 3-inch feed chute
- Large 1-quart juice container
- Exceptionally good quality parts(Die-cast and Titanium)
- Juicing consistently for 1.5min can cause Overheating.
2) Breville BJE200XL Juice Extractor – Best Centrifugal Juicer 2020
The top pick for centrifugal juicers is the Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain. Breville is a quality brand, and this juicer is a favorite among juicers.
The most significant advantage of this juicer is the power it has for such a compact machine. This juicer provides 700 watts of power with stainless-steel cutting blades that spin at 14,000RPM for high-quality extraction that gets out every last drop of juice.
The “XL” part of the title is for the extra-large chute, which means you don’t have to chop up all of your produce. Just drop in full apples and celery stalks, and they will turn into juice in only a few seconds.
Breville claims to extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins, and this is done with its micro-mesh filter, high-quality steel cutting discs, and heavy grade polymer body. You can get a higher juice yield with more nutrients by using this juicer other overs in its class.
If you want a mighty machine in a compact housing that will produce high-quality juice in minutes, this Breville juice extractor is a solid choice.
- Powerful 700-watt motor and 14,000RPM speed for maximum extraction
- Extra-large 3-inch feed chute makes pre-cutting and chopping of produce unnecessary
- Easy cleanup with robust housing and dishwasher-safe parts
- Centered knife blade assembly allows for fast juice production
- Micro-mesh filter and stainless-steel cutting disc provides up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins!
- This powerful juicer gets loud and may not work in situations where you need to be quiet
3) AICOK AMR521 Upgraded Juicer Machine – Best Value Masticating Juicer
Our top pick for masticating juicer is the AICOK AMR521 Upgraded Masticating Juicer Machine. Everything you want in a masticating juicer is included in this machine! and the price of this gives you the best bang-for-your-buck when you consider the number of features it includes.
Starting with the spiral system, it has a seven-segment spiral, which means your produce goes through seven stages before it becomes juice: cut, break, squeeze, mill, separate, grind, extract. This system provides the highest yields of juice! and preserves nutrients and enzymes in the process.
The speed of this masticating juicer is slow at 80RPM, which provides high-quality masticating and grinding of your fruits and veggies. This doesn’t create a lot of heat or friction, which produces juice that is high in vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients.
The sound of this juicer is phenomenal. It’s an automatic juicer, so there’s no doubt that your partner or friends will hear this if they are in the same room. However, at 60 decibels or less, this is a very low-volume juicer that makes for stress-free juicing.
Like other high-quality masticating juicers, this one also comes with a reverse function to avoid clogging. If too much produce is inserted at one time, you can use the reverse function to pull it back before continuing the juicing process.
While some juicers present a challenge of separating juice and pulp, this juicer does an exceptional job. You can enjoy almost no pulp in your juice because of the separation function of this juicer.
Overall, this is a winner! Masticating juicers can get expensive, and you don’t need to get the most costly juicer to have a piece of quality equipment. This works as a professional grade juicer that has all of the features you are looking for. Based on price and quality, this juicer is our top pick.
- Maximum juice yield and nutrition with the 7-segment spiral system
- Extremely quiet motor that runs below 60 decibels
- Easy to assemble, operate, and clean
- Exceptional separation of juice and pulp
- Slow grinding and masticating at 80RPM for less heat and more nutrients
- Reserve option for your juicer’s safety
- Compact, sleek design
- Will take some time because of the mastication process
4) BLACK+DECKER JE2200B – Best Budget Juicer
The BLACK+DECKER JE2200B is a 400-watt fruit and vegetable juice extractor that is perfect for those just getting into juicing. It is the most affordable high-quality juicer on the market and has a lot of the same qualities as the professional-grade juicers. This extractor is a centrifugal juicer, which means blades spin at high speeds to quickly slice up fruits and veggies for fast juice production.
The stainless-steel blades and strainer are essential for cutting through fruits and veggies with ease, and the juicer separates the juice and pulp into separate containers. The pulp container integrates into the design, which saves counter space. The juice container includes measurements and an easy pour spout for producing perfectly-sized juice servings.
Beginner juicers and those with limited space will love this juicer because of how small it is. The compact style of this juicer makes it easy to keep on a small counter. Some larger juicers require you to store it after every use, whereas this juicer can remain displayed on your kitchen counter.
All of the parts besides the central unit are dishwasher-safe. This makes cleaning easy. Like most juicers, you will have to clean the central unit thoroughly after each use, but this is common in every juice extractor.
On top of these benefits, the juicer comes with a 2-year limited warranty. You can be sure that if anything goes wrong with your juicer, you can return it for a new one. Overall, this is the perfect first juicer to get for beginners who want to start juicing.
- Most affordable high-quality juicer
- Juice and pulp separated into separate containers
- Stainless-steel blades and strainer
- Custom juice cup with measurements
- Dishwasher-safe parts for easy cleanup
- Compact for those just getting into juicing
- Not as powerful as professional-grade juicers
- Some pulp gets into the juice, which requires additional straining
6) Omega NC800HDS – Premium Choise
The Omega NC800HDS Juice Extractor is a masticating juicer that has all the features you need to yield maximum amounts of high-quality, nutrient-rich juice from your produce.
This Omega juicer keeps up its high quality with additional benefits to this juicer. The most significant difference in this machine is the 150-watt motor. This smaller motor still provides a strong enough system to extract a nutrient-rich juice with the added benefit of being quieter than other models.
The other addition to this system is the option to produce much more than juice. This is more than a juice extractor and is advertised as a “nutrition center.” Besides juicing, you can use this machine to grind coffee and spices, mince herbs and garlic, turn nuts into butter, make frozen desserts like sorbet, and even extrude pasta. These additional features benefit the person who wants more from their juicer.
The dual-stage masticating extraction process gives you a maximum yield of nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes, and the 80RPM low-speed auger provides minimal heat, which helps in the extraction process.
Overall, this Omega juice extractor is a high-quality machine that provides users the functionality and durability that many are seeking.
- 80RPM for reduced heat and oxidation to promote healthy enzymes
- Dual-stage juicer that efficiently extracts juice from produce
- Adjustable end cap for continuous juicing and automatic pulp ejection
- Powerful 150-watt motor with a gear reduction that makes this quiet
- Strong auger squeezes out every last bit of juice resulting in dry pulp
- 15-year warranty that covers parts and performance
- Additional availability to extrude pasta, grind coffee, make nut butter, whip milk, and mince herbs and garlic
- Plastic construction parts are more delicate, so more care is needed in removing and cleaning
7) Omega J8006HDS
The Omega J8006HDS Masticating Juicer is an exceptional juice extractor that makes it easy to produce high-quality juice that preserves nutrients.
Masticating juicers make for higher quality juice because of the slow and cold pressing of the auger as opposed to a high-powered blade. This machine is 200 watts, which provides reliable power with a quiet motor function. The auger is extremely powerful and squeezes so much juice out of your produce that the pulp is left almost completely dry.
Omega’s dual-stage juicing system creates an efficient system that gives you high-quality juice. The slow 80RPM auger extracts all of the nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes from your produce and into your juice. You can be sure you are drinking a high-quality juice as your result.
One thing that is nice about this juicer is the size. Masticating juicers are commonly larger, but this machine remains compact and can fit on almost any kitchen counter surface.
Overall, the quality of this juicer is exceptional. All of the features that Omega provides in this machine make this a top pick for the Omega brand.
- 80RPM reduces heat and oxidation and promotes healthy enzymes
- Masticator system extracts the maximum amount of nutrients with a high juice yield
- Dual-stage juicing system is efficient with juice extraction
- 200 watts of power is reliable yet quiet
- Strong auger and heavy-duty construction make this extremely durable
- 15-year warranty that covers parts and performance
- The mesh screen is a little more delicate than other mixers requiring a soft touch when cleaning.
8) Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer
The Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer is a powerful 1100W centrifugal juice extractor that has a lot of the same qualities as the higher-priced extractors of this style. For beginners who are willing to spend a little bit more than the lowest-priced juicers, you will be pleased about it.
1100 watts of power makes this exceptionally powerful for its price. This can also make the juicer loud at times, but that’s commonly what you’ll find with powerful mixers that have blades as fast as 18000RPM.
The juicer features two speeds for a variety of produce juicing. Use the slower setting for soft fruits and veggies like oranges, lemons, and tomatoes. Use the faster setting for hard fruits and veggies like carrots, apples, celery, and beets. The fast setting also works well with leafy greens like spinach and kale.
The most beneficial feature to the Mueller Austria Ultra Juicer is the extra-large 3-inch wide-mouth feed chute. With other budget-friendly juicers, you are forced to cut fruits and veggies into smaller chunks that can be pushed down the chute. With this juicer, you can fit an entire apple down the chute with no pre-cutting necessary.
This juicer also comes with a 2-year warranty that gives you the confidence in knowing you could get a new mixer if anything were to ever go wrong with your first.
For the beginner or intermediate juicer on a budget, this is a perfect choice!
- Sleek modern stainless-steel design
- Dual-speed useful for a variety of fruits and vegetables
- Extra-large wide mouth 3-inch feed chute to avoid pre-cutting
- Overload protection system that shuts off the juicer if it were to overheat
- Culinary grade stainless-steel cutting disc extracts more juice
- BPA free and dishwasher-safe material for easy cleaning
- Snap-shut locking system prevents spills and leaks
- The juicer can get very loud with tough fruits and veggies
9) Breville BJE430SIL
The Breville BJE430SIL Juice Fountain Cold is Breville’s response to many people’s concerns about preserving vitamins and nutrients in their juice.
When more juicing enthusiasts began to understand more about the science of different types of juicers, many were avoiding centrifugal juicers because of the high heat they produced. This high heat would damage enzymes and nutrients, which deterred the production of the highest quality juice. Breville responded with the Juice Fountain Cold, which features cold spin technology that decreases the temperature while juicing.
Like other Breville juicers, this one has a 3-inch feed chute for minimized pre-cutting of produce and a safety locking arm that stops operation when not locked to prevent leaks from occurring.
Besides these standard Breville features and upgrade to cold spin technology, what makes this juicer extremely helpful is the additional capacity in the 70-ounce juice jug. This large jug allows you to keep juicing without having to switch the juice container, making it easy to juice larger quantities of juice with one use.
Overall, the addition of the larger capacity juice jug and the cold spin technology makes this a definite improvement from previous models.
- Cold spin technology preserves vitamins and minerals
- Dual speed allows for dense produce and soft fruits
- Large pulp container for continuous use
- 70-ounce juice pitcher will enable you to juice in large quantities without stopping
- Safety lock stops operation to avoid leakage
- Extra-wide 3-inch feed chute minimizes pre-cutting
- This high-powered machine is very loud.
10) Breville JE98XL
The Breville JE98XL Juice Fountain is a popular Breville juicer that is great for beginners and intermediate juicers because of the number of features it provides. This is a centrifugal juicer, which Breville specializes in.
The high-power 800-watt dual-speed motor and 12,0000RPM steel blades make this a powerful machine for juicing even the hardest fruits and vegetables. This high power makes it easy to juice quickly to save you time.
Another feature to make a note of is the 3-inch feeder chute. This chute is wider than many other juicers and allows for whole fruits and vegetables to be dropped in without worrying about pre-cutting or chopping.
This juicer has a safety locking arm that prevents power when unlocked and provides overload protection that also prevents power when it overheats.
Overall, this is an excellent juicer for beginners and intermediate juicers that has all the features you need.
- High-powered 800-watt motor and 12,000RPM high-speed steel blades
- Dual speed allows for juicing a variety of produce effectively
- Extra-wide feed chute at 3 inches doesn’t require any pre-cutting or chopping
- Large capacity pulp container will enable you to juice longer without tossing the pulp
- Overload protection prevents over-heating with an automatic shut-off function
- Safety locking arm prevents operation without being fully locked in place
- Clean up is easy with dishwasher-safe materials
- This juicer is loud due to its high power, not great for quiet situations or very early mornings.
11) BLACK+DECKER CJ625 – Best Citrus Juicer
Our top pick for citrus juicers is the BLACK+DECKER CJ625. You get the absolute best bang-for-your-buck with this juicer.
Electric citrus juicers can cost a hundred dollars or more. Finding this little gem for a fraction of the price makes this an excellent choice for those who want to make lemonade, orange juice, grapefruit juice, or produce lemon and lime juices.
This citrus juicer provides 30 watts of power which is quiet yet powerful enough to juice as many citrus fruits as you need. It has a 34-ounce capacity with measurements on the side of the container to make it easy to see how much juice you are producing.
The best feature of this juicer is the pulp control. You can adjust the pulp basket to control precisely how much pulp you want to remain in the final juice product. You can then save the pulp for other recipes or throw it away.
Once you create your juice, the container can be used as a storage container and as a pitcher with a handle and easy-pour spout.
The price and quality of this electric citrus juicer make this our top pick.
- Large capacity of 34 ounces allows you to produce lots of juice with one use
- Measurement tool makes it easy to see how much juice you are making
- Adjustable pulp control gives you control over how much pulp remains
- Juice container also is a pitcher with handle and easy-pour spout
- 30 watts of power extracts all the juice from your citrus
- Cleaning is essential with this machine, and product defects may occur if you don’t thoroughly clean it after every use.
12) KOIOS juicer
This KOIOS Slow Masticating Juicer is a high-quality masticating juicer that offers similar qualities to even the top brands of juice extractors.
The low speed of 80RPM provides a higher yield of nutrients and enzymes, which results in a higher-quality juice. KOIOS claims a juice yield of up to 80% extraction, which is in line with similar high-quality juicers.
This juicer is easy to assemble and operate with straightforward buttons and functionality, and all parts are detachable and BPA-free. Everything can be cleaned in your dishwasher, which makes cleaning very simple.
The motor is powerful yet quiet, which makes this easy to juice at any time of the day. The only downside of this juicer is the thinner style feed chute. You may have to pre-cut some larger fruits and veggies before dropping them down the chute. This minor inconvenience shouldn’t deter you from the high-quality and great price for this machine.
Overall, this juicer has all the qualities and features of a higher-priced model, yet keeps it budget-friendly for anyone to enjoy a quality juicer.
- Up to 80% extraction from fruits and vegetables for more nutrients
- Quiet functionality with less noise levels as little as 60 decibels
- 80RPM lower speed keeps nutrients from being destroyed
- 3-stage spiral to chop, squeeze, and micro squeeze your produce
- Dual-speed for soft and hard produce
- Reverse function to prevent clogs and produce jamming
- The feed chute is thinner than other models, and this will require some pre-cutting and chopping of fruits and vegetables
13) Tribest Greenstar Elite GSE 5010 – Best Tribulating Juicer
The top pick for triturating juicers and all juicers for that matter is the Tribest Greenstar Elite GSE-5010. This juicer is the highest-quality juicer you’ll find from a company that creates the world’s best juice extractors. You won’t be disappointed in a Tribest juicer.
The best thing about this juicer is the technology it provides. Tribest raised the bar when it comes to high-quality juicers with its Greenstar line of juicers. This Elite model offers the newest technology when it comes to high-quality juice extraction.
This is more than a juicer. It’s a complete mastication system. The technology of the twin gears is designed to process the hardest and most stringy produce. The gears include pocket recesses and cutting points that allow for the best juice extraction from the most difficult fruits and vegetables.
Tribest includes technology exclusive from other brands that include magnetic and bioceramic technology. This allows juice extraction of higher nutritional content. The magnets create a field that latches on to vitamins and minerals, and the bioceramic material inside the gears utilizes kinetic energy that delays oxidation. The decrease in oxidation means your extracted juice will stay fresh longer.
On top of these significant features, this juicer also has a reverse function. If there was ever a jam or clog during the juice production process, you could reverse the gears to continue juicing without having to take apart your juicer during production.
Overall, the Tribest Greenstar Elite is the best juicer among every juicer on the market.
- Highest quality brand that manufactures the best juicers in this class
- Balanced handle makes this easy to transport and move
- 12-year warranty gives you the confidence to use this for many years
- Unique technology makes this juicer ahead of its competitors
- Twin-gear system has features that make it the best in its class
- Quiet motor makes juicing possible at any time
- Pressure adjustment allows for a wide variety of produce juicing
- There are no downsides ! Well only the price.. Besides that, it’s the best juicer you can buy !
15) Bagotte juicer – Best Bang For Your Buck!
The Bagotte Juicer Machine is the perfect budget-friendly juicer that I would recommend any beginner who wants to get into juicing try.
The Bagotte Juicer is a centrifugal juicer that features one of the lowest prices on the market. Despite its low cost, it still offers unbelievable features that many can enjoy.
The style of this is sleek and compact. This juicer will fit anywhere. It also has a safety lock feature that prevents the juicer from operating when it’s not assembled correctly. Additionally, it provides overheating protection that shuts off the juicer when the temperature exceeds 105 degrees. This function will avoid any motor malfunctions and will keep your juicer running for a long time.
For those who want options, this juicer features a dual-speed function in which you can choose between slow or fast speed settings. Choose the fast speed for hard vegetables and fruits, and low speed for soft vegetables and fruits.
Like other popular centrifugal juicers, this juice extractor features an extra-wide 3-inch feed chute. This chute avoids you having to pre-cut any produce, and many times you can drop a full apple or pear directly into the chute without any chopping beforehand.
A nice additional feature is an anti-drip function that prevents the juice from spilling or leaking out of the assembly.
Overall, if you are getting into juicing and don’t have a lot of money to spend, this can be an excellent first juicer for beginners.
- Lowest price for a quality centrifugal juicer
- Beautiful style and compact design
- Dual-speed modes allow for hard and soft produce to be juiced
- 2-year warranty removes the worry of parts breaking or manufacturer defects
- Anti-drip function that prevents juice spilling or leaking
- Safety lock design that prevents use when not assembled correctly
- Overheating protection that shuts off when the temperature exceeds 105 degrees
- Extra-large 3-inch feed chute for full fruits and veggies to be juiced without cutting or chopping beforehand
- This juicer is loud. Even at 400 watts of power, the motor runs loud and might not work for you in the early morning or late-night situations if others are nearby.
Buying Guide for the Best Juicers 2020 –
What are juicers?
A juicer is a tool that extracts juice from fruits, vegetables, and herbs. A juicer will either crush, grind, or squeeze the juice out of the pulp.
You can use a juicer for a variety of occasions. When some people think about juicing, they think about juice cleansing and substituting food for juice. However, juicing can be used for much more than a juice cleanse.
Example: One use for a juicer could be for people who commonly don’t eat breakfast. Even though science proves that having a balanced breakfast will help you stay active and alert throughout the day, many people still skip breakfast entirely. Instead of waiting for lunch or dinner to get your daily nutrients, you can get a solid start to your day by juicing a mixture of fruits and vegetables. Drinking a juice first thing in the morning can act as the perfect breakfast for those who wouldn’t have had one anyway.
Let’s change the example and say you are a person who commonly has an unhealthy breakfast. Instead of starting your day unhealthy, you can alternatively drink a healthy juice that will keep your mind and body active until your next meal.
Why should you own a juicer?
You should own a juicer because of the immense benefits it gives you and the variety of uses it has. The primary benefit of owning a juicer is the ability to consume large amounts of produce quickly.
Do you remember the food pyramid and how many servings of fruits and vegetables we were told to eat daily?
It’s almost impossible to eat that many fruits and veggies every day consistently. Even if you were hungry enough to eat that much, you might not realize how tired your jaw will get by moving it that much. Go ahead, try it. By the end of your daily intake of fruits and vegetables, your jawbone and the muscles that surround it will be extremely tired.
Instead of eating five servings of vegetables and four servings of fruit, you can juice them. Take five vegetables and four pieces of fruit and drop them in your juicer. Your result will be one or two glasses of juice, which is much easier to consume than a large bowl full of fruits and veggies.
How does juicing benefit your health?
There are a variety of health benefits when it comes to juicing:
- Healthy meal replacement: Like the above example, you can replace an unhealthy meal with a healthy juice.
- Better nutrient absorption: The nutrients in the juice you extract from the fruits and veggies are absorbed better and more efficiently by your body.
- Health benefits: Fruits and vegetables contain essential vitamins and nutrients that can improve the health of your skin, hair, mood, and immune system.
- Processed vs natural juice: Replacing your processed sugary juices with an all-natural juice that you extracted from fruits and vegetables is healthier for your mind and body.
- Gentle on digestion: It’s challenging to consume all the fruits and vegetables you need daily by eating them. Juicing gives you the benefit of receiving all the nutrients and vitamins you need all in one juice.
Possible drawbacks from investing in a good juicer
If you’ve thought about juicing, you’ve more than likely heard about the drawbacks and potential downsides to juicing. Let’s investigate the three most common disadvantages of investing in a good juicer.
Not enough money?
There are two potential drawbacks when thinking about your daily food budget.The first budget drawback is the juicer itself. Juicers are more expensive than other small kitchen appliances, and the cost of the juicer has kept people away from getting into juicing. Your solution to this would be to start with a budget juicer. There are plenty of lower-priced juicers that give you the chance to start juicing without spending a lot of money upfront.
The second budget drawback is the cost of produce. You might find it hard to believe that you must extract juice from six to eight apples to make two cups (one large glass) of apple juice. Your solution to this problem is to start small. You don’t need to create multiple juices each day. Start with one juice at a time and decide if you enjoy it.
Afraid of digestion problems?
If you’ve researched anything about juicing, you may have heard stories about people who developed digestive issues because of too much juicing. The main reason for developing a digestion problem is not having enough fiber in your diet. Fiber is the roughage in fruits and vegetables (and other foods) that helps your body digest foods more easily. Juicing removes the roughage and, therefore, the fiber.Your solution to this problem is having a healthy balance between foods with fiber and juicing. You can achieve the benefits of juicing without experiencing digestive issues by continuing to consume fibrous foods.
Don’t want high blood pressure?
Another story you may have heard is that people begin to develop higher blood pressure when juicing. This is mostly caused by drinking an excessive amount of fruit juice. Even natural fruit juice is high in sugar. If you consume too much sugar without having a balanced diet, your blood pressure can rise as well as the sugar content in your blood.Your solution to this is juicing more vegetables than you do fruits. With a little practice and experimentation, you will find a variety of vegetables that taste better than you thought as juices. You can also combine vegetables and fruits in your juice. Experiment with a variety of vegetables. Celery can be a great addition to an apple juice and lowers the sugar content.
Don’t be afraid of the drawbacks and remember that with every bad story you’ve heard about juicing, there is more than likely a solution that has come from it. People make mistakes by purchasing the wrong juicer and wasting lots of money on something they didn’t end up using. Some develop digestive problems because they didn’t include enough fiber in their diet. People developed high blood pressure because they went too crazy with fruit juices. Remember that there are solutions to these mistakes.
How are juicers different than blenders?
Don’t make the mistake of believing that blenders create the same effects and results as juicers. while having some similarities, the result is much different. Here are the two most noticeable differences between juicers and blenders:
Blenders blend, juicers extract
The most crucial difference between blenders and juicers is the rate at which nutrients are extracted from fruits and vegetables.
Blenders use blades that create a smoothie-like substance. It will be easier to digest a blended drink than it would be to eat all of that food. However, it doesn’t make it as easy to digest as a juicer.
A juicer doesn’t just blend everything into a smoothie. Instead, it extracts the nutrients from the produce and separates the pulp from the juice.
For example: Putting 8 apples into a blender could create 4 cups of apple smoothie, whereas those same 8 apples in a juicer could create 2 cups of apple juice. You get the same amount of nutrients, but juicing allows you to drink less while also being able to digest the nutrients quicker.
Blenders keep fiber, and juicers remove fiber
Sometimes a blended drink can be nice. However, juicing will allow you to create drinks from produce that you wouldn’t want any chunks in. Consider these two examples:
First, let’s say you want to make a banana drink. A banana might work better in a smoothie, as the banana fibers taste better and are still generally smooth.
Second, let’s say you want to make a cucumber drink. Do you want chunks of cucumber skin and seeds in your drink? You’d be better off juicing your cucumber to create a drink entirely in liquid form.
Besides these two most important differences, the other difference is the price. Because juicers have more benefits than blenders and are built better, juicers commonly cost more than blenders.
What are the different types of juicers?
Before purchasing your first juicer, you should understand the different types of juicers. Think about what you want from your juicer and what you will be using it for. Each juicer has its unique benefits for different purposes. There are four different types of juicers.
Masticating juicers –
A masticating juicer in most cases is the best juicer you can use. These juicers are commonly referred to as “slow juicers.”The reason these are considered to be “slow” is that, unlike other juicers, they don’t use high-powered blades to cut through or chop up produce. Instead, produce is rotated and crushed and pushed against a screen that extracts the juice from the pulp.
Masticating juicers extract the most nutrients from produce and are essential when juicing leafy greens like spinach and kale, which are more difficult for other juicers to extract the juice from.
Centrifugal juicers –
A centrifugal juicer is what is known as a “fast juicer” and is the most popular type of juicer.The quickness comes from the serrated cutting blades that spin tens of thousands of revolutions per minute. Compare this 10,000RPM to the average 100RPM of a masticating juicer, and you can see why this is called a “fast juicer.”
The reason why this is the most popular juicer is because you can drop in full fruits and vegetables without cutting them first. The fast-moving blades will create juice while separating the pulp into a separate container. You can drop in all your ingredients and have juice in less than a minute.
Triturating juicers –
A triturating juicer is commonly the most expensive type of juicer and can also be considered a “slow juicer.” These juicers are also referred to as “twin gear” juicers and “cold-press” juicers.Triturating juicers are similar to masticating juicers but use two gears that press the produce together. This process extracts a more considerable amount of nutrients in your juice.
Citrus juicers –
A citrus juicer is the lowest-priced type of juicer, and most citrus juicers rely on manual juicing rather than electric-powered juicing (although some citrus juicers are powered).
Citrus juicers are explicitly made for oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit. These juicers come in many different sizes, and some are easier to handle than others. A citrus juicer will squeeze out high-quality citrus juice and work best when making a citrus-only juice.
Make sure you read the rest of the article because we cover the different types of juicers much more in-depth later on!
Different juicers for a variety of circumstances
Different types of people will find specific juicers more beneficial to their unique circumstances. Consider the following two examples and think about what kind of juicer is going to work best for you.
Best juicer for vegetarians
While a vegetarian will enjoy both fruits and vegetables, let’s consider a vegetarian who loves vegetables. For someone who is planning to juice a lot of greens, a slow juicer or cold-press juicer is going to work best for this circumstance. Vegetarians should look to purchase a triturating juicer or masticating juicer.
The reason for using these types of juicers is because of how effective they are at extracting nutrients from vegetables. A faster juicer like a centrifugal juicer could work, but it won’t extract as much juice from leafy greens and other vegetables that contain low water content. It also becomes very challenging for a centrifugal juicer to extract juice from herbs.
When you use a slow, cold-press juicer, your herbs and low-water vegetables will be crushed and rotated, allowing for a strong press that will squeeze the juice out of them.
If you want to create an experiment, see how much juice you can get out of the same bundle of herbs from fast and slow juicers. What you’ll find is the centrifugal juicer is so fast that it will send most of the herbs to the pulp container. A masticating juicer will put more pressure on the herbs to squeeze out more juice.
Best juicer for bodybuilders
Like vegetarians, bodybuilders will also benefit more from a “slow juicer.” Using a masticating juicer or a triturating juicer will help extract essential nutrients that are needed for post-workout muscle building. Let’s take a look at the most critical vitamins and nutrients that bodybuilders need after a workout:
- Vitamin C: High levels of vitamin C reduce muscle soreness after intense workouts. The best produce that contains vitamin C are oranges, lemons, cranberries, and leafy greens.
- Vitamin E: An intake of vitamin E will help maintain and build muscle. Spinach and beets contain a lot of this vitamin.
- Manganese: Manganese produces collagen, which is vital for muscle growth and health. This mineral is found in leafy greens and blueberries.
- Bromelain: This enzyme helps with muscle soreness and joint pain. The most common produce containing this enzyme is pineapple.
Here’s the list of beneficial foods for bodybuilders: Oranges, lemons, cranberries, blueberries, spinach, kale, beets, pineapple.
Considering the types of foods that contain the best vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients that are critical for bodybuilders, it will make the most sense to use a slow juicer because of the benefits of leafy greens for muscle growth. Slow juicers will be able to better extract these nutrients from leafy greens, which show up in three of the four bodybuilding nutrients.
Because you can get vitamin C, vitamin E, and manganese from leafy greens, bodybuilders should focus their juicing efforts on leafy green juices. Adding pineapple to the combination will help to add bromelain to the juice. If a bodybuilder wanted to substitute some leafy greens, three great substitutes would be cranberries, beets, and blueberries.
Besides getting more juice from your leafy greens, another critical reason for choosing a masticating juicer for bodybuilding is because these juicers don’t produce heat. Enzymes are destroyed when introduced to the high heat that is generated from centrifugal juicers. This fact is what makes many juicing experts choose slow juicers instead of fast juicers. You’d be better off spending a few extra minutes slow-pressing your fruits and veggies because the essential enzymes will remain in the final product.
In conclusion, a masticating or “slow” juicer works best for two reasons:
- Slow juicers will be able to extract more juice from leafy greens.
- Enzymes remain intact in the final juice product.
These two reasons should cause any bodybuilder to understand the clear benefits of using a masticating or triturating juicer.
What is a juice cleanse?
A juice cleanse is when a person creates and consumes juice only. The period in which the person consumes nothing but juice varies depending on the goals and circumstances. Juice cleanses can last as little as one day and as long as 30 days. Most cleanses will typically last 3 to 10 days.
Juice cleansing is essential for your health because you are giving your body nothing but beneficial nutrients, vitamins, and enzymes. Here are the top benefits of juice cleanses:
- Nutrient-rich only: When you consume nothing but juice, you are flooding your body with nutrient-rich substances. Fruit and vegetables are extremely high in vitamins, minerals, and enzymes. When you give nothing but good nutrients to your body, you will potentially boost your overall health.
- Immune system boost: Juices are known to produce anti-inflammatory effects on your body that promote healing. These effects may boost your immune system making you feel energetic and healthy.
- Digestion improvement: When you remove food from your diet for even a few days, you have less to digest. Replacing food with juice introduces a flood of healthy enzymes. These enzymes help your gut work more efficiently, which improves your digestion.
- Toxin flushing: The most sought-after benefit to juice cleansing is the ability to flush toxins out of your body. When you stop putting toxins from other foods into your body while introducing a flood of minerals, vitamins, and enzymes to your system, it can help remove toxins from your body. Think of this phenomenon like a river of nutrients that flush out toxins from your system. These toxins can be removed from your body in the form of urine, waste, or even mild cases of acne breakouts. Once the toxins are removed, your body will potentially be healthier.
If you are considering a juice cleanse, take a look at the following best budget juicer for juicer cleanse .
In-depth look at the different types of juicers
You know the general differences between the different types of juicers. It’s time you have a deeper, more in-depth look at the different types of juicers and what makes one better than another. Each juicer is used in different circumstances, and each type of juicer also comes with a variety of prices. Keep reading to find out more about each type of juicer and what to pay attention to with each.
Price range of juicers
When exploring and browsing the various types of juicers on the market, you will find a wide variety of price ranges. Let’s take a look at the four types of juicers and the price range you will find in each.
- Masticating juicers: $90-$400: Masticating juicers are your slow-moving juicers that produce high-quality nutrient-rich juice. They are commonly more expensive than centrifugal juicers because of the high-quality juice they produce. You can find these juicers for as little as $90 and as much as $400 or more, but you’ll find the best bang-for-your-buck at the $150 price point.
- Centrifugal juicers: $40-$300: Centrifugal juicers are the fast-moving, ultra-powerful juice extractors that are more budget-friendly than the slow juicers. This lower price point is because they don’t extract enzymes and certain nutrients as well as the slow cold-press juicers. You can find these juicers for as little as $40 and as much as $300 or more, but you’ll find the best bang-for-your-buck at the $100 price point.
- Triturating juicers: $250-$1000: Triturating juicers are the most expensive juicers and are a type of masticating juicer. The only difference is triturating juicers have two spinning gears that press your fruits and veggies more efficiently, producing the highest-quality juice you can make. You can find these juicers for as little as $250 and as much as $1000 or more, but you’ll find the best bang-for-your-buck at the $550 price point.
- Citrus juicers: $5-$150: Citrus juicers are explicitly made for citrus fruit like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit. They are made completely different from all the other juicers, and most are manual juicers. The extensive price range is because you can find handheld manual citrus juicers as well as high-quality electric-powered citrus juicers. You can find these juicers for as little as $5 and as much as $150 or more, but you’ll find the best bang-for-your-buck at the $20 price point.
Use the comparison table below to find out what type of juicer appeals to you most.
What type of Juicer fits you the most
|Juicer Type||Qualities||Price Range||Best Price|
|Masticating Juicer||Slow moving|
|$90 - $400||$150||Check it out!|
|Centrifugal Juicer||Fast moving|
|$40 - $300||$100||Check it out!|
|Triturating Juicer||Slow moving|
|$250 - $1000||$550||Check it out!|
|Citrus Juicer||fruits only|
|$5 - $150||$20||Check it out!|
How long does a juicer generally last?
A juicer’s lifespan depends on a lot of factors. You have to take into consideration the brand, the quality, the type of juicer, how often you use the juicer, and how well you take care of it.
The quality of a juicer is paramount in determining how long it will last. You never want to buy the absolute cheapest juicer, because these low-priced mixers have a high rate of breaking, primarily if you use it frequently. We will make our determination of lifespan based on the assumption that you would decide to purchase a juicer with at least decent quality (similar to the price in the “best bang for your buck” column in the above table).
How often you use it:
Another factor to consider is how often you use your juicer. Using your juicer three times a day is a lot different than using your juicer once a month. We will make our determination of lifespan based on the assumption that you would use your juicer as frequently as once a day.
How well you take care of it:
Another factor that determines your juicer’s lifespan is how well you take care of it. This mostly comes down to how well you clean your juicer after each use. If you wait for multiple applications before cleaning your juicer, you will find that your juicer could stop working at any moment. You must be efficient with cleaning your juicer after every use, and we will make our determination of lifespan based on the assumption that you would clean your juicer after every use.
So, considering you purchase a juicer with decent quality, use it once a day, and clean it after every use, here is how long your juicer should last:
- Masticating juicer: 3-5+ years
- Centrifugal juicer: 1-3+ years
- Triturating juicer: 5-10+ years
- Citrus juicer: 1-10+ years (manual juicers can last forever)
You know a little bit about masticating juicers, but now let’s get a deeper understanding of what makes this type of juicer different than others.
A masticating juicer moves slow. It gets rid of high-powered, high-heat spinning blades, and replaces them with a slower-moving rotating auger that squeezes fruits and vegetables in a clockwise or counter-clockwise rotation.
The reason more juicing experts and professionals choose a masticating juicer over a centrifugal juicer is the quality of juice it produces. Centrifugal juicers produce a high heat that destroys enzymes and other nutrients. It’s not like you are drinking completely wasted juice with centrifugal juicers, but you are destroying some minerals and vitamins and almost all of the enzymes. This reasoning is why commercial juice bars choose this type of juicer before others.
Another reason why masticating juicers are better than centrifugal juicers is the volume. Centrifugal mixers are extremely loud because of their high-powered electric motors and high RPM spinning blades. With masticating juicers, you can find extremely low-volume juicers that won’t wake up your family during use.
What to look for:
When searching for a masticating juicer, there are a few things you should look out for. First is the RPM of the juicer. A slower RPM will provide slow masticating and grinding of fruits and vegetables, resulting in more preserved vitamins, enzymes, minerals, trace minerals, and nutrients. Some masticating juicers claim up to 90% more nutrient preservation than centrifugal juicers.
Another factor to look for is the quality of the spiral system. Some spiral systems don’t have many segments and don’t produce as much juice as other systems. Finding a 7-segment spiral is extremely important because it makes the produce travel for a more extended period through the spiral resulting in a higher juice yield. Longer spirals mean more juice extracted.
The last major factor to look for is how much nutrition you get from the juice yield. The more juice you get commonly relates to the nutrition you receive from the juice, but it doesn’t always work that way. Look for juicers that have recorded percentages of nutrition. If you want the best nutrition from your juice, it makes more sense to get a juicer that gives you 90% of the full nutrition of fruit rather than not knowing at all.
For example, you might wanna take a look at our picks for the Best Masticating Juicer 2020 .
As you know from our brief explanation earlier, centrifugal juicers are the fast juicers that produce juice in less than a minute. Instead of waiting for your juicer to produce your juice, your centrifugal juicer will be waiting for you to drop more produce down the chute. As soon as you drop produce in the chute, it only takes a couple of seconds for the pulp to fling into the pulp container and your juice to be pushed into your juice container.
Because of the fast-moving blades at high temperatures, these types of juicers don’t preserve as many enzymes and some other nutrients. That’s not to say they destroy the nutritious value of all your produce, but that not as much is preserved as a masticating juicer. You are sacrificing enzyme and nutrient preservation for speed. This reason causes many commercial juice bars and juice companies to use slow juicers rather than centrifugal juicers. However, you can still high-quality centrifugal juicers in some commercial establishments.
Why should you buy this instead of other juicers?
The most prominent reason why people buy a centrifugal juicer is for speed. When you have a lot to do each day and don’t want to spend a lot of time producing your juice, a centrifugal juicer will help speed up the process. Centrifugal juicers make it easy to create high-quality juice quickly.
On top of production speed, centrifugal juicers are commonly more compact than other juicers. For those switching from a blender to a juicer, many centrifugal juicers aren’t that much larger than your blender. If you want to be able to keep your juicer on your counter when not in use, this type of juicer will do the trick.
Centrifugal juicers are straightforward. You don’t need a lot of practice or finesse with these juicers. It’s as simple as making sure your produce fits in the chute and dropping it in. You’ll have high-quality, nutrient-rich juice in less than a minute. After some minor cleaning, you can go about your day as you sip on your juice.
What should you look for in a centrifugal juicer?
There are a few things to look for in one of these types of juicers. First is speed. You want a juicer that’s going to provide you with maximum extraction of juice. You don’t want to waste any juice, and a high-speed motor is going to make sure you squeeze out every last drop of juice you can. Look at the wattage of the juicer (the power) as well as the RPM (the speed in revolutions per minute of the steel blades). The higher these numbers are, the more effective it will be at extracting the juice.
Another factor to look for is how large the feed tube or chute is. Some centrifugal juicers have small feed chutes that require you to cut up your vegetables and fruits before dropping them in. There are a handful of juicers that don’t require you to chop your fruits and veggies at all because of their wide-mouth extra-large chute. Find a juicer that you can drop an entire apple into without having to chop it up. This will save you a lot of time in chopping up produce.
The last thing you should look for is the ease of cleaning. After you are finished producing your juice for the day, you don’t want to have to spend a whole lot of time cleaning. Having a juicer that has a solid housing and dishwasher-safe parts will go a long way.
Because centrifugal juicers were made for time efficiency, I recommend that you choose a juicer that’s going to save you time while still producing a quality juice product, like this juicer .
A triturating juicer is the best of the best when it comes to high-quality, nutrient-rich juicing. If you have ever witnessed a juice addict who truly cares about extracting the highest-grade juice,
you’ll see that they have a triturating juicer.
These juicers are masticating juicers but move into an even higher class because of their twin gear systems. A standard masticating juicer has one spiral gear that squeezes juice from produce. A twin-gear triturating juicer utilizes two gears that work together to press produce through the gears to produce the highest quality of juice.
For juice bars and juice companies and commercial-use juicing, these juice extractors are the most sought after. You will find commercial juicing companies using these juicers as well as the most dedicated juicing enthusiasts.
Why get this type of juicer over others?
If you’re just getting started with juicing, I’d recommend trying other types of juicers first. You can still get a decent masticating juicer for a lot less money. This type of juicer is for those who want to take their juicing to a new level. When you enjoy juicing enough and understand the benefits of cold press, juice mastication, and extraction of nutrients and enzymes, you will understand why this juicer is the best of the best.
Triturating juicers are cold press juicers with slow-moving gears that don’t produce any heat, and this is what allows for maximum nutrient retention and extraction. When you’re ready to create the best juice you possibly can, a triturating juicer is what you use.
What to look for in a triturating juicer
Because there are fewer brands that make triturating juicers, you want to choose a brand that dedicates themselves to manufacturing high-quality equipment. When you plan to spend a lot of money on a juicer, you want to make sure you choose a brand and a juicer that is going to last many years (take a look at our top pick above).
The wattage and speed are less important when you get this high quality. What you are looking for is a quality piece of equipment made from a brand that specializes in these types of juicers.
If you’re going to think about the features, take a look at the construction of the machine and the quality of the twin-gear system. The most significant factor is how well the gears can extract juice without clogging or getting stuck. When you’re juicing hard vegetables like beets and carrots or stringy produce like herbs and leafy greens, you want to make sure the twin gears can handle the pressure.
A citrus juicer is different from all the other types of juicers because it is meant specifically for citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit.
Citrus juicers are both commercially used and personally used for instances where the only juice made is a citrus juice. As opposed to a blender, a citrus juicer has the accessibility of removing all the pulp from the citrus fruit for a clean, high-quality citrus juice.
Some citrus juicers are completely manual hand tools that require you to squeeze a lever that squeezes out the juice. Other citrus juicers utilize an electric function that allows you to place an orange or lemon in the juicer while letting the juicer do the rest of the work.
Why should you buy a citrus juicer instead of other types of juicers?
The only reason you should buy a citrus juicer is if you plan to make juices that only have citrus ingredients in them. You can’t use this juicer to make apple juice or other fruit juices, and you especially can’t add any vegetables into the mix. If you are planning to make lemon juice, orange juice, lime juice, grapefruit juice, or any mixture of citrus juice, a citrus juicer provides a lower-priced alternative to other mixers for your unique needs.
What to look for in a citrus juicer
When searching for a citrus juicer, you should think about whether you want a manual juicer or an electric automatic juicer. Manual juicers require you to put some pressure and physical labor into making your juices. Many people don’t like working that hard to squeeze oranges or lemons every morning. I’d suggest looking into an electric citrus juicer that allows you to place a piece of citrus in the juicer and let the juicer do the work, like our pick for the best budget juicer of 2020 .
Pulp control is vital with citrus juicers. Some juicers remove all the pulp while others allow you to control how much pulp you want in your juice. Getting a juicer with a pulp basket or container will enable you to choose what you do with your pulp once your juice is created. You can choose to add the pulp to your juice, throw it away, or add it to another recipe.
Once the juice is created, you also want to be able to pour it or store it easily. Think about how easy or difficult it will be to store your juice in the refrigerator for later use.
The last thing to look for is how much capacity the juicer can handle and hold. If you plan to make juice that can last for a couple of days for multiple people, you are going to want to get a juicer that can produce more juice without having to continually reset your juicer for further production.
Choosing the right juicer ultimately comes down to personal preference. Everyone has different lifestyles, but the health benefits of juicing are something that everyone can gain satisfaction from. The right juicer for you is the one that fits in with your lifestyle. It should alleviate stress rather than compound it. We, at Juicer Fan, are providing you with all the necessary knowledge you need to know about juicing! Our goal is to find which juicer is the most suitable and convenient for you and for your lifestyle.
In general, however, it is advised that those trying juicing for the first time should buy a relatively cheap juicer. Once you are certain that juicing will become an essential part of your life and diet plan, it may be time to advance to more expensive juicers.